From: Peterson, Andrew S. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 11:26 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: Multiple sites in IIS - Modifying DNS

Hello,

I've created an additional site in IIS 6 on my development server with a
unique Host Header. So there are currently two sites on that server. Now
I've got my brilliant Network admin trying to that second site to the
DNS. Thus far, he has failed miserably :-). He created a "new primary
forward lookup zone." On the new primary zone, he created "a host A
record corresponding to the Host Header name," but only the dns server
itself is able to resolve it, and in that case, not to the second site,
but rather the development home page itself.

The bottom line is that he blames me, and I blame him, and we're about
to take it outside, in which case, we'll be looking for a new network
admin (LOL). We would greatly appreciate any ideas on how to resolve
this DNS issue. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Andrew