The CFDIRECTORY/CFLOOP/CFFILE solution is what I've used as well, at
least where I needed to keep it all CF.  If you don't mind shelling
out, you can use native OS commands (rm or del), which do accept
wildcards.  It'll be a lot faster if you've got more than a couple
files to kill off, even with the process creation overhead.

cheers,
barneyb

--
Barney Boisvert