From: Michael Dinowitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 11:49 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Delay

WaitFor 1.0
Using this component you can pause your ASP app for a specified time, wait
until a file exists or wait until the component can get exclusive read/write
permissions to a file
http://www.serverobjects.com/comp/waitfor.zip
Use it with CFOBJECT and save in processing. NEVER USE CFLOOP FOR A WAIT
PROCESS!!!

> Stop it! You are hogging a Server Thread while you do this. This really is
> horrendous programming technique.
>

> > ----------

GTE
> > > because you may exceed the desired delay by a few millisecs.:
> > >
> > > THIS SHOULD CREATE A ONE MINUTE TIMER!!
> > > <CFSET tickBegin = GetTickCount()>
> > > <CFLOOP FROM="1" TO = "1000000000000" index = "index">
> > > <CFIF index MOD 100 IS 0>
> > > <CFSET tickEnd = GetTickCount()>
> > > <CFIF tickEnd - tickBegin GTE 60000>
> > > <CFBREAK>
> > > </CFIF>
> > > </CFIF>
> > > </CFLOOP>
> > >
> > > ~Simon

WorkCover
> > the
> > it

> > **
> > > *

> > in

> > in
> > > the body.

> > in
> > > the body.

in
> > the body.

in
> > the body.

in
> > the body.

>  This email and any attachments are confidential and solely
>  for the use of the intended recipient.  They may contain
>  material protected by legal professional or other privilege.
>  If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible
>  for delivering to the intended recipient, you are not authorised
>  to and must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this email
>  or its attachments.  Although this email and its attachments
>  are believed to be free of any virus or other defect, it is the
>  responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free
>  and no responsibility is accepted by the company for any
>  loss or damage arising from receipt or use thereof.

the body.

the body.