From: Troy Simpson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 21 November 2005 20:35
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Why do I need a Custom Tag Path for Components?

I am using ColdFusion MX 7.0.1.  Why would I need to define a custom tag
path in the ColdFusion administrator when the Mappings will do the same
thing?

For example, the following is from the ColdFusionMX7 Administrator:
---
"ColdFusion mappings let the cfinclude and cfmodule tags access pages that
are outside the Web root. If you specify a path that starts with the
mapping's logical path in these tags, ColdFusion looks for the page using
the mapping's directory path.

ColdFusion also uses mappings to find ColdFusion components (CFCs).
The CFINVOKE and CFOBJECT tags and CreateObject function look for CFCs in
the mapped directories.

Note: These mappings are independent of web server virtual directories. If
you would like to create a virtual directory to access a given directory
through a URL, please consult your web server documentation."
---

Forgive me if this has been discussed before on the list.  I searched the
list archives and did find an answer.  If the answer exists, the please
refer me to it.

--
Thanks,
Troy