Thanks to everyone.  Here is one more question.

If I call a component without fully qualifing it, what would be the
expected outcome.  For example, if I call a component like this:

CreateObject("component", "myComponent");

And NOT like this:

CreateObject("component", "myCFC.myComponent");

How will the component be located?  Will ColdFusion search the
mappings or the CustomTag Path, or both?

>From what I have learned, I would presume the following:
1.  Search the local directory for the component "myComponent.cfc").
2.  Locate the component "myComponent.cfc" in the specified mapping.
Since the component name is not fully qualified, then this will fail
immediately and move to the next step.
3.  Search the CustomTag Paths.  Search each directory in the
CustomTag Path and their subdirectories.

Do I have this correct?

--
Thanks,
Troy