From: Charlie Griefer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 11:51 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Question regarding closing tags

It's pure preference.  Some people like it because it maintains
consistency in their markup (XHTML tags are self-closing, so apply the
same technique to your CFML tags).

It has no impact (good or bad) on performance (that I'm aware of).
It's neither "right" nor "wrong" to do it or not to do it.

I like it.  Others don't.  It's completely a matter of whatever floats
yer boat :)

On 11/22/05, Charlie Hanlon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have noticed in many code samples that I see/learn from, the use of a
> forward-slash in this fashion
>
> <cfset variables.myVar = "someValue" />
>
> I understand that this represents that this particular tag has no closing
> tag.  Is this a habit I should adopt in my coding and if so, should I use
> this syntax on every cf tag that does have its respective closing tag.
For