I had some problem like yours a time ago, what i learned is the the
32K (or 64K sometimes) refer to i single line of mxma script.
So lets understend what´s going under the hood here:
When you do a flash form, coldfusion gets your code, process it and
passes to it´s internal flex compiler (yes coldfusion has a flex
compiler inside) and that´s where it can´t have a component with more
than 32K.
Looks like your getHistoryData() function is almost at that limit so
when you set any style it get´s over (to change the style flex has to
call the style method).
One solution, is to clean (if possible) your getHistoryData() function
or break it in two diferent functions. Paste it here so we can help
you. Or take your button out of any cfformgroup tag type horizontal or
vertical.

Felipe