Why is the cfide password protected?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Claremont [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 23 November 2005 15:16
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Scheduled Tasks Not Running

Everything I have tried gives me a connection failure. This is completely
absurd.

The problem seems deeper than merely a scheduled tasks problem.

The CFIDE directory is using integrated authentication. This industry
standard allows me set up the website so that people do not have to log in
every freakin time. I just grab their username from the cgi variable and
compare their username to a permissions table.

For some reason completely lost on me, things like the report builder do not
support integrated authentication, thus I cannot use RDS with the report
builder.

Are the sheduled tasks failing because of the same reason? Why don't the
username and password fields in the scheduled tasks satisfy the password
requirements? Is there a way to get a more useful message than "Connection
Failed"? The logs show nothing other than the fact that the task was
executed. The output files merely say "Connection Failed".

If I run the page in question from any web browser at my disposal (including
the server itself) the page executes and runs just fine. Why can't I set the
scheduled task as http:\\mywebsite\console\makestaffroster.cfm and be done
with it???