From: Karl Simanonok <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Email Trigger?
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:55:54 -0700

No, I do not want email sent at a certain time or upon a user action.  I
want a Cold Fusion template to be executed when I send email to an email
address.  It can be an email account on the same server if that helps
(you'd think so). I know I can do it by using a scheduled task to check
for new email at specified intervals, but scheduled tasks are frequently
unreliable and either I'd have to have very short intervals of checking
or I'd have to be content with waiting (and hoping) for the scheduled
task to run.  So intstead I would like to be able to trigger a CF
template some other way, using email.  Maybe there's a CFX out there for
this purpose, or some obscure CF function that I haven't heard of using
this way?

Regards,

Karl Simanonok