>I'm trying to improve a page I've written.  It's a calendar, and I'm
>using a custom tag to display the calendar itself.  On one view of the
>calendar, there can be four calls to that calendar custom tag (one for
>the current month, 3 for the next 3 months).  Rather than call the
>same stored procedure once per custom tag call, I'd rather call it
>once total from the CFM template, and then make that result set
>available to the custom tags.
>
>Is there a way to accomplish this, or do I just need to make multiple
>calls to get the recordset?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Pete

You could try putting the query into the request scope as in <cfquery name
="request.variableName" etc>. The request scope is available to custom tags and
child tags, as well as to all other pages associated with the calling page.
From LiveDocs:
--
Used to hold data that must be available for the duration of one HTTP request.
The Request scope is available to all pages, including custom tags and nested

This scope is useful for nested (child/parent) tags. This scope can often be
used in place of the Application scope, to avoid the need for locking
variables. Several chapters discuss using the Request scope.
--
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/6.1/htmldocs/variab35.htm

hth,
larry