I have never really found a need for client variables.  What benefit
do they really offer?  The only time I could see using them is when
you had something that you might think about storing in a cookie.  I
rarely come across a need like that where I dont really want a cookie,
and if I do I usually just store it in the session.   Am I missing
something there?