1) given that you have to list all the columns in your "create temporary
table as select..." statement, you might as well just do

"insert into customers (select myNewID, pkCUST, CUST_Fname, CUST_LName,
CUST_ZIPCode from customers where pkCUST = 37);"

2) "myNewID" is most probably a sequence, so it should be something like
"myNewID.nextval"

3) no, you cannot just use * to get all the columns, because then you'd
get the existing ID as well, which you don't want.

Regards,
/t