From: Ryan Guill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 9:55 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Know with cf if Javascript is enabled?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know a way that I can let coldfusion know if javascript is
enabled in a browser or not?  I would like to set a session variable
that tells me this so I can dynamically show a message if it is not
enabled.  I would like to be able to do this without the user having
to do anything.  We are automatically logging people in using
ntauthentication on this site, so I would like it to check during that
process and set a cf variable.

I need it to work primarily in IE 6+ but it would be nice if it worked
in FF as well.  My google searches so far this morning haven't come up
with anything that worked.

There is the <noscript> tag, but it isn't evaluated until the browser
gets the page and so there is no way for coldfusion to evaluate it.
Plus it doesnt seem to work in firefox or IE either anyway. Any ideas?
--
Ryan Guill
BlueEyesDevelopment

The Coldfusion Open Application Library - COAL - http://coal.ryanguill.com