I guess that depends on what your definition of "Advanced HTML form design"
actually is. I've seen some VERY nice flash forms out there... well...
interfaces anyway... in my opinion though, most have been way over kill and
slow loading to be justifiable for their purposes.

I much prefer to enhance actual HTML forms with some client side magic that
not only serves a greater purpose but adds to the user experience and at the
same time, presents it all in a normal <form> format that people are used to
seeing and using.

....wow, that almost sounds like a sales pitch! Lol

A SMALL example of what I mean can be found on my contact form at
http://acoderslife.com/contact/

You'll have to look at it in IE since I'm having an issue with a JS regular
expression right now in other browsers... but you can get the general idea.

I've been kicking around the idea of a 'tabbed/stepped' form using some
hidden/visible divs too. But of course, anything you really want to get
fancy with when using HTML forms is 100% JS dependant... 99% of the time :)

Personally, I'm really at the point that if the user doesn't have JS
enabled... they're just not going to see it like it was meant to be seen (if
at all).

....just some ideas and opinions for you to kick around.

Cheers

Bobby Hartsfield
http://acoderslife.com