Thanks Sean,

Here's something funny...if I dump the scope on the process page, I always get
the structure with the correct data.  However, if I don't dump the scope and
just try to check for the variable form.Options25--it is not defined.

I guess I'm going to have to run a few tests and see if I can find under what
circumstances the variables are defined and what steps I have to do to get them
to disappear.

One other thing (I didn't think this would be useful to the current scenario,
but I could be wrong), the application works by round tripping the form page
and the process page stepping through an object that contains an array of
products.  The data for the form page is gathered by passing the position
(index).  It then stores the data selected on the form in another object in the
session scope on the process page.  I'm starting to wonder if this process can
lead to the problem.

I appreciate you looking into this for me.

Thanks,
Brad

> On 11/30/05, Brad Haas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Here's some partial code from both pages.  Even though this code is
> very "watered down", I can get it to produce the same type of problems
> as the full application.  All I have to do to get the form scope to
> disappear is to submit this form without selecting either radio button.
> Even if you select an option for the select box, it will still fail
> unless a radio button is selected.
>
> I can't repro. I used your exact code and clicked Continue >> without
> selecting anything. form.Options25 is defined as expected (with an
> empty string ""). form.Product is not defined (because no radio
> button
> was selected so there is no value to send).
>
> On the buildSystemProcess page I dumped form scope:
>
> form - struct
> FIELDNAMES     POS,OPTIONS25,NEXTSTEP
> NEXTSTEP       Continue >>
> OPTIONS25      [empty string]
> POS    #Pos#
> --
> Sean A Corfield -- http://corfield.org/
> Got frameworks?
>
> "If you're not annoying somebody, you're not really alive."
> -- Margaret
Atwood