Yes and no.  Feel free to contact me off line.  There are many important
questions here.  The biggest and broadest is "What do you mean 'Use a scanner
to speed up the process'.  Basically are they going to be using some kind of
internet aware device to scan the barcodes and have some process fire off
automatically?  These devices do exist, but in my limited experience, are not
really used that way that often.  Or more like our situation, where a scanner
goes out and does a bunch a of scanning, then dumps this data from the scanning
device to some kind of docked station that then can process the data locally or
through an internet application.

I have done much with the latter scenario, please feel free to contact me off
list if you would like the minute details.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.