Hey folks,

Revisiting a thread from a couple of years ago that I never did get an answer
to back then, but which was able to be worked around.  Just wondering if anyone
now has an answer :)

The problem:  On linux, CFMX 6.1, sun JVM 1.4.2, cfserver under heavy load
crashes randomly every couple of days due to a "hotspot error" reported by the
JVM.  We determined that it was a bug in the JVM's hotspot compiler, and
therefore determined that using the "-Xint" JVM flag (disabling it) could stop
the crashes.

Good news: the server has run fine since in this "-Xint" mode.   Bad news: the
performance hit of this workaround is less than optimal.

I'm just wondering if anyone ever found a true fix for this problem (some
combination of JVM flags?  some updated sun JVM?).

Alternatively, is there a better JVM (that works!) for CFMX on linux now?  I've
tried swapping out different JVMs (BEA's, IBM's) through the years with little
success, as CFMX complains about not being able to find some function or other.

Any help with finding a stable, high performance JVM for CFMX on linux would be
much appreciated.

Regards,
Terry