Unfortualy for our purposes it would prob slow things down.  We are doing the
same with several other databases but can do it in one query with them, they
will be updated nightly with a scheduled task.  But this one particular one is
our achillies heal.  Its pulled from a 3rd party product that is an insdustry
standard piece of junk :)  It uses the "4D" database system to create an almost
camilian database system that tries to be all things to all people.  We are
planning to replace it and provide a competitive product in the next year or
two useing Flex 2 and getting it's data from Webservices (which for us will be
CF and MSSQL Server).  However we have to do this now with what we have.  So
its kinda a mess.

I was hoping that the cfindex statement could just match the existing record
number and append fields in the body param to the exisitng body field. :( *sigh*

Thnks though.

Greg