I have CF 7.01 Developer Edition running my laptop.  Windows XP.  Yesterday
as I was preparing for a demo, my version of CF just stopped.  It threw the
error "service-specific error code 2."  I rebooted.  Still didn't work.  I
checked the error log, and it showed such crashes going back to 12/6/05.  I
have successfully run code this week.  Most importantly, a lot of the
"fixes" for this error discuss changes that must have been made to the JVM.
I have not customized the installation on this laptop and the dates on the
files were from July when I installed CF originally.  The only changes I
could find are   from the CF 7.01 updater which I installed and was working
around Thanksgiving.  I uninstalled and reinstalled CF7 on this box using
completely standard directories- still broken.  I created a new IIS server
on this box- still broken.  Has anyone dealt with this error?  Particularly
after the 7.01 updater?

The last thing I have time to do is go through my JVM that were modified by
the updater.  My next step is to review all those settings.

The only other oddity is that ActivPDF webgrabber is also bombing out.

I tried this command:
c:\cfusionmx7\runtime\bin, using:jrunsvc.exe -starttimeout 900 "ColdFusion
MX 7 Application Server"
and even though that's the perfect location, it's saying it can't find the
file.

Could this relate to a recent MS update, particularly on directory security
or are other people seeing this after the 7.01 updater?

Any assistance is welcome on this one.

thanks,

Don