Seamus I have this issue too, hosting some of my sites in teh Midwest of the
USA, when I'm in Australia.   So i have an application variable called
application.austime which I set in the Application.cfc file on all my
sites.   Depending on where they are located in the world,
application.austime might be set as #now()# or #now()# +
#createTimeSpan(0,16,0,0)#   or whatever time difference is appropriate
depending on the relative status of daylight savings.

Then instead of using #now()# in any of my apps, I can use
#application.austime# and when I upload the files to the server, the time
values will stlil be correct.

And Yes, I know I could use Locale,  but I developed this method of handling
it before I learned about locale.  Anyway,  Australian daylight savings
change dates differ from year to year as the politicians get it into their
heads to change things.  I'm not at all confident that the folks at Adobe or
Microsoft will keep abreast of our daylight savings debates and many
changes.   (for example the NSW government brought forward the change to
summer time by 8 weeks prior to the 2000 Olympics to suit NBC's prime time
schedule).

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month