Bobby's dateadd function does the same thing as my function, but more
concisely and better I think.

The politicians are talking about changing the daylight savings changes yet
again.  It comes up in the public debate every time there is a change either
to or from summer time.   Queensland, in the tropics, and therefore not
really needing daylight savings doesnt change.   Every time we change the
clocks people here say 'Queensland is so conservaitve and ought to change
with the rest of us", yet no one ever seems to notice that the closer you
get to the equator, the less is the difference between June sunset and
January sunset times.

So whenever this comes up, there's debate about how backward Queenslanders
are (they arent - they just dont need daylight savings), and then someone
will say we ought to have daylight savings all around the year, and someone
else will say we ought to change two months earlier, and round it all goes
again.

I do believe that Victoria will be changing at a different time next year
because they have the Commonwealth Games on in Melbourne, but I"m not sure
about that.     The change to the dates here in 2000 were only in NSW, I
think,  although Victoria might have joined us,   not sure.

It's all very confused here and I just prefer to keep it under my own
control.  When the clocks change in the house here,  I change my
Application.cfc files and all my sites stay at the right time.

Seamus, you need to use dateformat.  e.g. #dateformat(application.austime,
"d/mmm/yyyy")#

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month