Check out prototype.js. Anyopne that does AJAX should seriously check out
prototype.js its got some great functionality. Good documentation requires
you to go to google, though the script itself is fairly easy to
read/understand. The documentation I found useful was
http://blogs.ebusiness-apps.com/jordan/pages/Prototype%20Library%20Info.htm

Adam