I think this would be a lot easier if you had separate join tables for each
type of join, but I will try and get my head around how this might work with
your universal join table.  Can you provide a small representative example of
the data you get if you use the 'OR' version of the WHERE clause.  I will need
to set up an example for myself to test ideas.

I suspect you are correct in that this will most likely require an interesting
sub query or two.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.