Hey All,

I'm looking into building a process with the following bits:

PDF FORM
-filled in by user
-each form generates a unique barcode or ID and displays on the form
-some of the fields are calculated (based on input in other fields)
-form has send button to package up the form data and send to an e-mail account
OR send via HTTP

FAX
-user must print the completed PDF form and get multiple signatures on it
-fax in the form via a fax service (I'd expect the TIFF to arrive in a mailbox
which CF could check)

CF and MORE
-grab the fax TIFF from the mailbox
-CFEXECUTE (or another process) to read the bar code or OCR the unigue ID off
the faxed form
-convert TIFF to PDF (I can do this already with iText)
-store file reference against the data sent by the PDF form

So this whole process allows a signed copy of the form to be stored digitally
along with the data sent in by the form creating an automatic paperless process.

PARTS I'M LOOKING FOR SOME INSIGHT ON
-creation of PDF forms that meet my requirements (via an IDE or
programmatically)
-bar code or OCR process that CF can kick off (what app to use to perform these
tasks)

Any and all insight welcome (especially from someone that's built a process
like what I've outlined).

I'm off to do my own research...but I always ask here first ;-)

TIA

Cheers

Bryan Stevenson B.Comm.
VP & Director of E-Commerce Development