I tried Matt's method of using CFContent to serve the files to the user, and
worked just like a charm - on my dev machine.  I was able to not only do
what I needed, and keep good stats and log of activity, but do some other
cool stuff too like have the pages fed from a database instead of a static
page, thereby allowing much easier updating of content etc.   Good ..

EXCEPT .....

It didnt work on my production machine.  A shared host.    At first I
figured we had CFContent disabled, but I"m assured that CFContent is NOT
disabled for the site in question.    Now i have to go back to the code, to
look for what I might have got wrong somewhere along the line.

Are there any 'gotchas' with CFCONTENT in a shared hosting environment i
ought to look for?   Failing that, I think since the app worked beautifully
first time on my dev machine, the only possibility is that I forgot to
upload one of the files or something REALLY dumb like that.    Any other
ideas?

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month