>I'm confused as well. Are you writing the web service yourself, or using a
>CFC web service written by someone else? If so, you don\'t have to create
>the WSDL file - just let CFMX generate it for you.
>
>Assuming you're using a CFC web service, the URL would look something like
>this:

Hi Dave and thanks. And Ian replied also so thanks Ian also. I'll try
and make this clear. I'm pretty green still when it comes to XML,
SOAP, etc. :)

This is the Quickbooks QBWebConnector. It allows Quickbooks to
connect to a web service using SOAP. I need to build the web service
as defined by the wsdl file. Basically the requests are generated by
Quickbooks and I have to respond.

http://developer.intuit.com/uploadedFiles/Support/QBWebConnectorSvc.wsdl

I have a copy saved locally. I'm under the assumption that the only
element I have to change is soap:address
location="https://idn.vogelfam.net/QBMSDonorSample/QBWebConnectorSvc.asmx";,
which I have pointing to my cfc file in my setup..

If I run my cfinvoke tag using the wsdl above, on the first method of
the service "authenticate", I am returned a java array (I believe).
CFDUMP shows an object with a name of
com.intuit.developer.ArrayOfString. I can access the 2 string
variables I am expecting like so.

mydoc.getString(0)
mydoc.getString(1)

That's confusing enough to me as I was expecting to see XML.

My assumption is that the actual processing of the authentication
method's arguments get's done within the asmx file in the
soap:address. Is the asmx the equivalent to a cfc in CF? When I
switch to my wsdl, which calls my cfc, all I get are apache.axis
errors.

My head hurts. :)

--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations, Inc.

Web Based Solutions / eCommerce Development & Hosting
http://www.twcreations.com/ - http://www.cf-ezcart.com/
Toll Free: 877.207.6397 - Local & Int'l Phone/Fax: 386.789.0968