Try placing the class file in the folder named "classes" (not "cfclasses" -
that's where the class file versions of your cf code goes) but "classes" should
be at the same level as "lib" according to my installation, which is right
under WEB-INF.

Also make sure that if your java class defines itself as part of a package,
that you have the correct folder structure to support a call to that package.
(Ex. "package com.test.classA" in my java source would mean that I need
"\WEB-INF\classes\com\test\classA.class" to be the physical path, and I would
instantiate it as such: CreateObject("java", "com.test.classA"))

Hopefully I have helped and not confused you. :)

-Chris