I have a user interface and it has multiple checkboxes to select what
members of a group a user is in.  I have a table to store user
information (USERS), a table to store the groups (GROUPS), and a join
table to keep track of what group a user is a member of (GROUPMEMBERS).
  I set the NAME field of all the checkboxes to ffGroups and the VALUE
for each of those checkboxes is populated with a different GROUP_ID.
URL.USER_ID is the current user I'm editing.  I have the following query
to insert the users and groups into the join table:

INSERT INTO GROUPMEMBERS(USER_ID, GROUP_ID)
SELECT '#Val(URL.USER_ID)#', GROUP_ID
FROM GROUPS
WHERE GROUP_ID IN (#ffGroups#)

I don't get why it's not generating an error, though.
'#Val(URL.USER_ID)#' does not exist in the GROUPS table.  I tried making
the following test query:

<cfquery name="miketest">
SELECT '1', GROUP_ID
FROM GROUPS
</cfquery>

and it threw an error, so I'm guessing because that SELECT statement
replaces the VALUES portion of the INSERT statement, it lets it fly for
some reason.  Is this true?  I was just curious...

Thanks!
Mike