I get to 100 all the time.  For example, I use Verity to get
a list of Record IDs whose data matches my search term, and
then use SQL with CFQUERY and BLOCKFACTOR = 100 to filter
the VERITY result set.

Of course, in this case any savings in having BLOCKFACTOR greater
than 100 is probably in the noise level compared to VERITY
inefficiencies.

BTW, are there any good resources on speeding up VERITY?

best,  paul