Hi guys,

For a shopping cart app I created last year, I had one level of
categories eg. category/product

Now, I wish to expand on that and include 1 more level eg.
category/subcategory/product

A particular subcategory may apply to more than one category eg. winter
2006/accessories, spring 2006/accessories

Should I be looking at 2 different tables eg. tblCategory,
tblSubCategory and using joining tables to the products table.

Or should I have one category table with one joining table and use a
nest hierarchy system. I did a very simple nested hierarchy scheme last
year for an app which did have its benefits in terms of unlimited
levels.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Actually this may be a topic that the
open source shopping cart developers might have have or have not touched
on so far ??

mike