After some more thought, I could see them coming in handy if I were
building a script-based, traditional setup.  However, I am a recent
fusebox addict (which is amazing, btw) and therefore there isn't much
need for me to make an additional CFC to handle output.  The concept of
fuses is that they're simple and easily editable so adding unnecessary
complexity wouldn't really help me out much.  Plus, then I'm worrying
about relative paths to other files and what-not.  I kinda like how
things are broken up into individual items as it helps me see the
overall "picture" of what I'm working on and certain display fuses are
grouped together and keep things organized and manageable (which can be
done with multiple CFCs I suppose).  To that end, there's no reason for
*me* to use a CFC, but I'm sure someone could find a valid reason to use
them for display purposes.  But I think if I were using a script-based
setup, I might consider using CFCs for display purposes to help
compartmentalize everything.

Ultimately, I'm not a cf pro by any means, but I always like these kinds
of conversations because it kinda forces you to think outside the box
and challenge ideas where people say you do it "just because."
Sometimes it's good to go by those standards just because someone else
found the pitfalls that you haven't hit yet, but sometimes many people
just fall into line because they didn't want to rethink the whole
process, which is just as valid of a reason as well...

Mike