>He's not entirely unreasonable so I think if he sees one or two quotes from
>this list, he would realize that it would be a bad move to go with AC.

I assume this is in response to my comment about not pressuring a boss into a
decision. Actually I was referring more to his dislike for ColdFusion, than the
specific products in question. I guess it does depend on how much you really
want to stick with ColdFusion. Hopefully you have a good feel for how much to
push and when to let well enough alone. ;-)

>As far as CFWebstore:  I will need to approach with caution.  I've already
>mentioned it to him, and his main beef is that he doesn't see any "big
>stores" using CFWebstore -- also because it's so inexpensive, to him that
>means it must not be good.

LOL, well yes, I definitely market more towards small-medium sites. The sample
stores list on my website (under Demo) has most of my bigger, more popular
sites, but they aren't exactly household names. Techronics for instance has
tons of products and lots of traffic, but it's not Buy.com. Home Bistro is a
fairly well-known mail order gourmet site (I knew of them before they even used
my software) but they aren't quite as well known as some other places like
Harry & David. Bridge Kitchenware is a very well known store with professional
cooks that is running my software as well, but they haven't gotten their site
updated and redesigned yet, so I don't have it listed right now. And sites like
Clean Run and DogGoneGood are only well known to those of us that are into dog
training!

And yes, I've been told more than once that my software could be priced higher.
But frankly, I think most ecommerce software is over-priced, and I like being
able to offer something for the smaller stores and merchants that can't afford
what some of the "name-brand" software are charging. I might not be able to
offer things like 24/7 phone support as a result, but most of my customers
don't complain...they don't mind waiting a little longer to get someone that
knows what they are talking about versus some off-shore tech support that's
useless anyway. ;-)

>I notice that Tumi.com (they're an up and coming luxury luggage maker) is
>using some kind of Fusebox app, anyone know exactly what store they're
>using, or is it built internally?

Hhm, that's certainly not a typical Fusebox application, and not any software
that I've run across. Looks home-grown to me. You could always email them and
see if they'd tell you for sure.

Mary Jo Sminkey
Author of CFWebstore, ColdFusion E-commerce software
http://www.cfwebstore.com