On 1/18/06, Larry Lyons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >A number of our client sites have had problems where a page will display
> >HTTP headers and/or simply "hang" if the page is referred to via a
> >cflocation.
> >
> >This most often happens if the cflocation is inside other ColdFusion
> >tags, and seems to only be a problem in IE 6. The page itself would run
> >but the results would never appear, or would appear with HTTP headers at
> >the top of the page. (example: user submits a form, form is processed,
> >but cflocation to confirmation page results in the above)
> >

> As an alternative why not try getpageContext("whatever.cfm")? It performs a
> server side redirect instead of a client side which is what cflocation does.

First off, I believe the syntax should be
getPageContext.forward("whatever.cfm"). That being said, the thing you
need to be careful with when using the server-side re-direct is that
if you attempt to reload a page that was the result of one of these
re-directs, the data from the previous page will be re-submitted. For
example, say I have a form and want to display a "thank you" page. If
I use getPageContext.forward() to get to the "thank you" page and the
user hits reload, the form will be re-submitted. I've actually stopped
using getPageContext for that reason.

Regards,
Dave.