Rick,

We measure memory on our Windows 2000 server in two ways:

1) logging jrun metrics each minute though jrun.xml:

Set metricsEnabled to "true" in jrun.xml and use the following
metricsFormat to get a wealth of interesting statistics including
total and free memory (works for CF7):
<attribute name="metricsFormat">Threads (total/busy/listen/idle):
{totalTh}/{busyTh}/{listenTh}/{idleTh}; Sessions (active/inMem):
{sessions}/{sessionsInMem}; Memory (total/free):
{totalMemory}/{freeMemory}; Requests (handled/delay/dropped):
{handledRq}/{delayRq}/{droppedRq}; Service (handledMS/delayMS):
{handledMs}/{delayMs}; Bytes (in/out):
{bytesIn}/{bytesOut}</attribute>

We then use a Windows scheduled task to run a small java parsing app
that parses the coldfusion-event.log for high threshholds of memory,
threads, or sessions.  If threshholds are exceeded, we get an email
with the details.

2) Windows performance montoring for CF-agnostic monitoring each minute:

We use the Windows performance monitor to record JRUN, IIS, and server
processor and memory usage to a CSV file each minute.  This is useful
for investigating a poorly running machine or retracing why the server
crashed.

Jon