> Folks, let's not confuse the free Server edition (which can be deployed for
> free in production except for commercial, hosting, and redistribution use)
> from the Server JX, J2EE, and .NET editions which are all also "free" to use
> for development, but which require a license for deployment.
>
> Hope that explains things.
>
> /charlie

Charlie...the confusion for me is the line above ..."(which can be deployed for
free in production except for commercial, hosting, and redistribution use)...".
To me "production" generally means "commercial" with the exception of putting
an
app into production in your own office for internal use.  I just think there
needs to be a VERY clear seperation there and IMHO that line is not
straightforward ;-)  I'd also say the "hosting" bit is a tad vague.  I'm sure
you mean ISPs can't use it to host their customers sites.  It could me mistaken
for "hosting an app in production" ;-)

my 2 cents from the side lines

Cheers

Bryan Stevenson B.Comm.