> Suppose the query is named 'getResults' and I have enabled
> the cachedwithin attribute. Say user1 comes along and
> searches for 'Portugal'. The query 'getResults' is cached.
> Then user2 comes along and searches for 'Spain'.
> This happens while user1 is paging through the resultset for
> 'Portugal'.
> Then user3 comes along (while the sessions for user1 and
> user2 are still on) and searches for 'Argentina'. What
> happens to the cache for 'getResults'
> while all this is happening? How does CFMX 7 (which I am on)
> handle all these interactions for cached queries?

When you use CACHEDWITHIN/CACHEDAFTER, CF identifies cached queries not just
by name, but by connection and by the actual SQL statement. So, each user
would generate their own cached query, and CF would only reuse one of them
if another request used one of the previously-entered search criteria.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/