Oh, I know all about how bad Access is.  The fact remains that this is
an old, semi-poorly written application (from a maintenance standpoint,
not a functional one), which would require LOTS of attention to upgrade
to mySQL or SQL Server.  With all the billable work piling up around
here, I'd like to just leave this app until I can give it the proper
time for the upgrade.

All of my apps these days are using a "real" DB.  I really am impressed
with mySQL lately, though.  As Ray Camden wrote in his blog a few days
ago, there is a whole world of features that I didn't ever know about.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys, it was appreciated.

Ray