From: Jeff Fongemie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2000 8:29 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Help! Cold Fusion error and Oracle!

Hi all,

I have a site that was built using an Access database. I'm trying to use an
Oracle database instead but keep getting this error message:

Error Diagnostic Information
Oracle Error Code = 904

ORA-00904: invalid column name

Data Source = "847_bib"

SQL = "SELECT headline, news, blurb, date_entered, newsID, live FROM news
WHERE (live = yes) ORDER by date_entered DESC"

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of
(CFQUERY), occupying document position (5:1) to (5:56) in the template file
D:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\HEADLINECOVER.CFM

I had an Oracle guy create the database for me, and that seems fine, buy my
Cold Fusion pages are now in error. What the heck is invalid column name?

THis is the page in question (headlinecover.cfm):

<!--- query database for information --->
<CFQUERY NAME="GetNews" DATASOURCE="#application.DSN#" >
SELECT      headline, news, blurb, date_entered, newsID, live
FROM         news
WHERE (live = yes)

ORDER by date_entered DESC
</CFQUERY>

    <!-- If the user access this page for the first time, we set the_start
value at 1 -->
<CFPARAM NAME="the_start" DEFAULT="1">

    <!-- If the the_start is already defined,
         then we had 5 to it to calculate the value of next_start -->
    <CFIF IsDefined("the_start")>
    <CFSET next_start = #the_start# + 3>
    </CFIF>

<!--- Output Querry --->
<CFOUTPUT query="GetNews" STARTROW="#the_start#" MAXROWS="5">

<b><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1"

<b><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1"><a

Thanks!!!

the body.