From: Kevin Langevin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 8:51 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Javascript string search...

Sorry if you're seeing this post again, but I never saw it hit the list
yesterday...

I'm trying to find a Javascript command to search for a chunk of text inside
of a string.  I've used substring before, but I'm trying to find something
that will let me find, for example, the text 'oft' in 'software'.  I don't
want to have to set a starting character or the number of characters to
find.  Something similar to a Find in CF.  Any ideas?  I don't want to have
to use a CF command in this particular instance, either.

<CFUG-SFL Manager>
-Kev
</CFUG-SFL Manager>

the body.