Hi,

We just finished V2.0 of one of our client's apps, which included a complete
re-factoring of code from procedural to CFC, upgraded functionality, and a
significantly modified DB.

Since the changes are major, we will be deploying the new app on a new
domain, and, once we're ready, we will switch the dns to there. (rather than
just overwriting existing files on the existing domain)

Everything seems easy enough except for the database part of it. Since it
was majorly changed, we will create a new MySQL5 DB on the new domain, and
migrate all the data from the current MS-SQL server.

Does anyone have any tips, suggestions, gotchas for doing this? Should I do
it through CF by creating scripts that query the old DB and insert in the
new?  How do I access a remote DB in CF? Are there better ways, tools?

Thanks for any help,

Baz