From: Claude Schneegans [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 2:09 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: detecting delivered email addresses...

 >>It's too much of a resource hog to send all those bounces,

Some will also think that bouncing invalid addresses helps spammers to
clean up their database
and make their scrap more efficient. This is probabilly true, but on the
other hand,
if you help them to eliminate invalid addresses, you lower the traffic
of spam on your server.
..... if spamers ever bother clean up their scrap ;-/

 >>not to mention some blacklists will now blacklist you for bouncing.

Well, if they do this, they will blacklist hotmail and others, and they
will get into trouble.
I wonder how they justify blacklisting a server which sticks to the
standard?

This also means that the server will not bounce a message which is sent
from a blacklisted address,
otherwise it would blacklist itself? ;-)
Then the blacklisted sender is not even been informed he is blacklisted
neither by who?
This is kind of weid ;-))

--
REUSE CODE! Use custom tags;