Has anyone written a cf-based rules engine type of thing? I have a client
that has the wonkiest business rules for pricing products that I've ever
seen. It's stuff like:
this product is free if you live in Wisconsin, but priced and not subject to
discounts if you don't
this product is free unless you order 200 of them at once, then it's priced
authors get their own products free, but only up until they've met their
quota of products

Stuff like that, and every time we talk they come up with another one. There
are about a jillion discount options that are combinations of product and
purchaser or product or purchaser.

I _could_ put this all into a pricing CFC. But, then I'd be changing code
every time they want to add a new product with another funky rule. So, I'm
trying to come up with a more flexible approach. Thoughts?