I'll try to be as civil as I can:

Nice numbers, but I failed to see how they relate to the demand in the
workforce.  It's not a "decimation"; it's simply filling positions that
are unfilled, and unfillable by the "native" talent in our country.  If
you want to take the "America First" bias, it's because we have totally
dropped the ball on farming our own talent.  Keep one thing in mind:  if
"scum" or whatever eighth-grade adjective you choose to refer to
Congress as does not take care of American-IT companies (which they are
by ensuring that there's enough workers to fill the need), then
companies will be at a competitive disadvantage to those overseas.
Trust me, if I felt that American IT-companies were second-rate (which
would happen if they couldn't find the necessary talent - not just for
ME, but for all positions), I would be the first "native son" on a boat
(metaphorically - really a plane) to Asia or Europe.

I'll admit, there may be some merit to the argument that prices may be
driven down.  Not necessarily, and certainly not $30,000 a year.  I
think that the upper echelon of the industry will not be affected, but
due to increased supply, there may be some more competitive salaries
being paid in the "lesser experienced" ranks (more competitive from a
business's point of view).  It's inevitable.  The only reason salaries
are so high now is that there's not enough people to go around, so
companies are paying alot to keep people.  I've seen many a developer
without enough sense to flip burgers making as much as some doctors or
lawyers, just because they had the name of a language on their resume.
Once the industry meets demand, then the market will correct itself.
Get over it.  That's life.

I'm not worried about increased VISA's.  I'm worried about today's
children.  Think about it:  every kid grows up today with a computer as
part of their life, just like TV or telephones.  Meaning that our
"advantage" as being the elite in a society driven by technology may not
be as big as it once once.  In ten years or so, this market will be
flooded.  What then?  Tell people to stop having kids (or keep them away
from computers) because we're afraid of a little competition?

That's what this boils down to.  Being afraid of the competition.
Afraid of losing money?  Stay good enough that you don't have to.
Personally, I say bring it on.  I'm not afraid.  Are you?

Billy
(The above are my opinions of mine, and do not reflect those of any
individuals/organizations that I may be affiliated with)