> Isn't this a grey area though??? Technically it is the
> coldfusion ap making the calls to the DB server, NOT the
> individual user. Each user of the website DOESN'T have
> seperate logins to the DB server. There may be concurrent
> connections/sessions from the same DB user. So technically
> there is ONE server that makes calls to the DB server using 1
> DB account. 1 CAL?? How does SQL2005 determine that these
> are individual users from coldfusion? Am I misunderstanding
> the way coldfusion interacts with the DB server?
>
> Arrrgh.. Friggin microsoft licensing...

No, it's not a gray area at all! You can use the word "technically" all you
want, but the licensing documentation is very clear about user CALs, device
CALs, and processor licensing. Technically, you can do whatever you want -
it will still be illegal if it violates the license.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/