This should work:

Select distinct code1 from datatable
union
Select distinct code2 from datatable
union
Select distinct code3 from datatable
union
Select distinct code4 from datatable

The union operator automatically removes duplicates (at least it does in
MS SQL)

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. A1.