Andy Matthews wrote:
> I've tried out FCKEditor and it appears to be very nice, cross-browser but
> it's got a lot of extra things you need to do to get it working fully. I'm
> spefically referring to the image browser having to be configured manually.
>
> Alternately, does anyone have any code which sets up fck that's simpler and
> more straight-forward that the provided sample code? The wiki for fckeditor
> is down right now or I'd just look there.

I don't personally like the image browser / manager that is built into
FCK so I made it relatively easy to itnegrate CFFM
(http://www.opensourcecf.com/cffm) into FCKeditor.

But *ANY* file manager is gonna require *SOME* configuration, because
it's always different on everyone's system and in everyone's
application, in terms of security, directory locations, etc

I personally prefer FCKeditor, but you'll find numerous people who are
also fans of TinyMCE (CFFM also works with TinyMCE)

Rick