"She" .. hmm must be me :P

Verity does some of what I want to do but not all.  I really need something
that sees and indexes a site just as a search engine would.

But thanks for the Verity suggestion Adrian.  I'll use Verity to index a doc
store for the time being until I find something to carry out the rest.

Nice work Rick, I can see how it works well on a site like yours :-)

One of the complexities of the site I'm working on in the customer
requirements for security are hardly typical.  So it's a nightmare
separating out the pages and parts of pages to index.  I'm confident an
application that works as a se does, indexing the site from the outside,
will do just as I need, perhaps with Verity still doing the docs.

Thanks again,

She ;)