On 2/20/06, Paul Hastings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > If I delete the user first, the site will stop working completely and
> > all hell will break loose, no?
>
> does it work now? do you have backups? if you do, take the db off-line &
> drop the user from the db (not from the logins) then try again.

Most of it works - the FarCry errors are mostly in the admin when you
try to update objects. The one or two front end areas where it wasn't
working I have worked around the issue by altering the code to output
the database owner in the SQL statements.

> i've tried to recreate this but no matter what i do as long as that user
> either created the object or was DBO it can access the objects
> unqualified (connecting using that user name in query analyzer). ditto
> using a DSN for that user/password.

Well, thanks so much for all your help, it's much appreciated and has
been very useful. As soon as he gets in this morning I will be getting
the sysadmin to try reowning the tables.

Cheers!

--
Kay Smoljak
http://kay.zombiecoder.com/