We have a Google Mini here and generally like it. There's a really good
reference here:
http://code.google.com/gsa_apis/xml_reference.html

[quote]
A Google search request is a simple HTTP request to the Google search
engine. The search request format and options available are detailed in the
Request Format section.

The search results are returned in the output format specified in the search
request. Currently, Google supports output results in XML and HTML format.
XML formatted results give you the power to customize the display of the
results through the implementation of a custom XML parser. The HTML results
can be customized through the application of an XSL stylesheet to the
standard XML results.
[/quote]

One of the things I learned from that is that while the public Google search
ignores the meta keywords by default, with a properly formatted search
string you can tell it to not only use keywords but how to match specific
meta tags. So if you have a good meta tag scheme, you can design interfaces
that do custom searches on your site that target specific pages more
accurately than just content text.
http://code.google.com/gsa_apis/xml_reference.html#request_meta

---
Kevin Graeme
Cooperative Extension Technology Services
University of Wisconsin-Extension