>From a business perspective, I would have to disagree. I count on my forum
members to help generate additional advertising revenue on several of the
sites I have built through the years. And my forum members are clear when
they say that they *love* the 'bells and whistles' on my forums that have
'bells and whistles' and demand them on forums that don not have them.

>From a programmers perspective, I agree with you Ray... less *is* more.

~Ché

-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond Camden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:29 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: A very specific "message board/forum" question...

I have to say I'm really surprised by this. I don't mean to say my
product is the best, there are other good forums apps out there. But
do folks truly think that the only good CF forum would be a phpBB
clone? Maybe it's just personal bias, but I've never liked forums
built upon it. I don't think they are bad per se - just a bit over
complicated.